Wednesday, January 30, 2008

HEY


Sorry for the lack of updating guys, but theres no wireless out here so i have to share one computer with a house full of people. And by 'out here' i mean Kentucky. yes. Kentucky. I've been here about a week now. I left only telling my parents. I know i should have told everyone where i was going and what i was doing but... well. i knew everyone would look down on me and try to talk me out of it. But i still should have been honest and for that i apologize. Let me at least try and explain myself.

1.) I've never been to Kentucky.
2.)I knew Derek enough to trust him, and know that he is a good guy, and that he wouldnt just leave me stranded if things dont work out between us.
3.) It's only 3 months. I'm going back to Minnesota in May to live with Addison and Sara (and yes, Derek is moving to Minneapolis too, and no its not because of me its because he wants change and was thinking about Minnepolis or Seattle long before he met me).
4.)I'm young and now is the time. I hadnt started working anywhere in Phoenix, my dad was really getting on my nerves, i had just been kicked out of school, so why not now? Why not go somewhere new, be with new people, try new things before i go back to Minnesota in a couple of months? I guess i've just looked at this as more of an adventure than a risk. Maybe i should have seen it more as a risk, but i dont regret my decision.
5.) I guess... I guess part of my fear was that because i was far away we wouldnt have lasted. I mean, one thing i've learned is that distance is a bitch, to any relationships, not just boyfriend/girlfriend relationships. And i really care about him. really i do. i know this is all happening really fast but i feel like i've known him years- Cliche' as that sounds.

anyway... "Thats all i can think of to say to you" (Evita anyone?...no?..ok.)



In recent news. My sister found my pepper spray and thought it was a flashlight so she sprayed it in my room at home. God bless her....
And yes, i have pepper spray, i even have a refill in case i used it once. Thank you dad, and because i forgot my pepper spray my dad gave me one of his knives for the road... yikes.

hmmmm... what else... I went to a really bad metal show in Louisville (pronounced Lou-a-vul). When i was in Memphis (which is suprisingly ghetto), i saw a guy dressed as Elvis driving a Semi-truck. Nashville is nice, didnt really get to spend time there though. I'd put up pictures but again, i'm not on my computer so...yeah. I'll figure something out, we were gonna buy a router soon. The picutre above is of 'Cumberland Falls' thats kind of where i am. technically i'm in Russel Springs/Jamestown. Tara Connors, the Miss USA who got in trouble for having nude pictures and doing drugs (the girl who sparked the Donald Trump v.s. Rosie O'Donnel argument) is from here haha and apparently she was really slutty in highschool, and did a lot of drugs in highschool too. So basically she lied to everyone saying she was "swept up by the big city and didnt even know what cocain was when she first moved here." dumb.

Well i hope you're all doing splended. i love you all.


OH and listen to 'Danger! High Volatage' and 'Gay Bar' by Detroit rock band Electric 6 You wont be disappointed. AND 'Dumb it down' by Lupe Fiasco

OH! and if you're having trouble deciding on who to vote for go to http://glassbooth.org/ It says i should vote for Mike Gravel or Barak Obama. interesting...

4 comments:

Jeff and Yvonne Weinstein said...

You are in a beautiful part of our country! What an adventure! Glad you let your parents know where you were headed- keep us posted on your adventures.

kitten said...

i'm so glad you're doing okay!!
you're number one reason for going totally makes sense. the idea of being able to go to some random state is very enticing to me. it's really weird to me that this whole thing is one big country..like it's so connected..yet there is such a variety of interesting things to experience-but we rarely make it out of our own state.
i wish you luck!

Kurtlyn! said...

i am happy for you.

Jillian, Riverside said...

update me woman.